The Club sponsors VE testing six times a year. The location is the Stow-Munroe Falls Library just north of Kent Road (route 59) on Darrow Road
(route 91) in Stow. Registration starts at 7:00 and testing begins as soon after as possible. Testing must end by 8:45.
For the current exam schedule see: http://www.ak8b.us/ve
Remember to bring:
- A valid photo ID (like your driver's license) or two other forms of ID. If you do not have a photo ID then bring copies of your other ID documents
as we must include them with your test materials. Reasonable accommodations can be made for those too young to have a driver's license.
- Two sharpened pencils and one pen
- A calculator (simple is best, avoid complex programable ones as they will likely be disqualified)
- If you are upgrading you need to bring the original AND a copy of your current Amateur Radio license. If you have any CSCEs for tests you've
already passed (but are not reflected in your license) bring the original AND a copy. Note: the library does have copy machines but you should not
depend on them for any last minute copies.
- Examination fee - $15.00
- If you are doing a "grandfather" upgrade then please see Exam Element Credit Rules and Instructions
and look at the sections referring to "Pre-1987" for more information.
If you have any questions you can contact Bruce Ferry, AK8B, at 330-929-2766 or via email at:
License Updates (at VE Exam Sessions)
If you are an ARRL member, you can also fill out and turn in a VEC605 form (we will have them at the exam session) to renew or modify your current
license at no charge. You will need to bring proof of ARRL membership with a copy that we can send in. Proof of membership is a label from your QST magazine
or your membership card.
Additional details on any VE session are available from the ARRL web site at: